VMware Cloud Community
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert

vSphere client build and vcenter build is different

Dear team,

recently we have found heartbleed vulnerability, to resolve this we need to upgrade our vsphere client version from 5.1 U1a to 5.1 U2.

just want to understand I just upgrade vsphere client to 5.1 u2 but ,my vcenter server version is 5.1 u1a. do I need to update my vcenter server also?? need ur assistance on the same.

regards

Mr VMware

0 Kudos
6 Replies
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Mr,

To give you some relief, vSphere 5.1 is not affected by the Heartbleed. But anyways it is always a good practice to keep systems patched and upgraded.

Se the KB below where it will tell you what is affected and what is not.

VMware KB: Response to OpenSSL security issue CVE-2014-0160/CVE-2014-0346 a.k.a: "Heartbleed&qu...

Thanks,

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert

thanks dive,

this URL states vulnerability found in vsphere client , to resolve we need to upgrade our vsphere client from 5.1 u1a to 5.1 u2.

VMSA-2014-0003 | United States

regards

Mr Vmware

0 Kudos
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes that is correct.

Thanks,

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

To answer your initial question. Since I'm working with multiple vSphere versions (and patch levels), I always keep the different vSphere Client versions updated to the latest and never had issues accessing either vCenter Server or hosts which are using the same version (patched or unpatched).

André

0 Kudos
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert

thanks andre,

in other words there would be no problem if I jut upgrade vsphere client to 5.1 u2 and not upgrading vcenter server to 5.1 u2.

Currently my VC server is 5.1 u1a.

Plz correct me if I am wrong.

regards

Mr VMware

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

That should work fine.

André

0 Kudos