VMware Cloud Community
MichaelLeone
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere Web Client Administration App - only shows blank blue screen

I am trying to install the vSphere Web Client onto my vCenter v5 server, so I can use the licensing reporting. I install from the vCenter download; I accept the default ports, and the install finishes, supposedly successfully. However, when I go to start the Administration app (to register the vCenter), I only get a blank blue screen - no other text.

I am choosing (from the menu) "VMware, Vmware vSphere Web Client, vSphere Administration Application". A web browser opens (I use IE 9) for "https://localhost:9443/admin-app". I get prompted for an unknown certificate; I accept; and then all I get is completely blue screen, no text at all. Right-clicking shows "About Flash Player 11.1.102.55", which is the latest version.

And I can't access the administration app remotely, it says, when I try to connect to that address from my workstation.

So what am I doing wrong here? Windows Firewall is OFF. Where do I go from here?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelLeone
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I managed to solve it. I tried Firefox v10, and re-ran Flash Player to install it as a Firefox plugin. Nothing. So then I ran it AGAIN ... and then it showed up. And once Flash was in, I could register my vCenter server.

So I am good to go, I guess.

I still hate Flash-based sites, tho ...

🙂

0 Kudos