VMware Cloud Community
frankLT
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Web Client 6.0U3b shows blank events tab when opened using german locale

Since we updated our vCenter Server (running on Windows) from 6.0U2 to 6.0U3b, we cannot see any events in vSphere Web Client. The Events tab tells us that there are no events.

We already found out that the problem is limited to the german view of web client. We tested opening web client using English or French locale and see all events displayed correctly. Also no problem in classical vSphere client.

Is there anyone who experienced a similar effect?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
beintema
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar problem. I am using English. I created a new cluster a couple of weeks ago and cannot see events from the web client or windows client just for that cluster and hosts.

I just updated vCenter to 6.0 U3b and the cluster hosts are using ESXi 5050593 which I believe is the latest. I have older clusters running version 4600944 that are working fine with the same vCenter.

This morning I tried something different and logged into one of the new hosts with the client, did not use vcenter, and I can see events for the host and VMs but there is no task log. It appears that it is probably the ESX version and not the vCenter version.

I have not been able to find any resolution yet.

0 Kudos
mdinisoae
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a customer with the same issue: Events tab not shown in Web Sphere Client but it's fine if he use vSphere Client.

vCenter Server 6.0 Update 3b

2017-04-13

5318200/5318203

ESXi 6.0 Express Patch 7a

2017-03-28

AD Identity added to VC appliance is "Active Directory as an LDAP Server".

I'm still trying to find the root cause of this issue. How it's your AD configured with VC? (as LDAP Server or as Integrated Windows Authentication)?

Could you create a new user in AD , join the user to Administrator group in SSO and make a test;  then check following logs for the test interval: ssoAdminServer.log, websso.log, vmware-identity-sts.log, vmware-sts-idmd-perf.log, vpxd.log, vsphere_client_virgo.log, authx-event.log, inv-svc.log.

MDINISOAE Please mark "Helpful" or "Correct Answer" if my answer satisfies your query.
0 Kudos
goppi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same problem here.

Installed a brand new VCSA 6.0U3f and no events shown in events pane.

Just for completeness installed a new 6.0.U1 and events are shown correctly in events pane.

This is a German installation also so maybe it is indeed related to this locale

0 Kudos
Alexsdav
Contributor
Contributor

After update from 6.03c to 6.03f i've the same problem but with all language.

if i connect directly on the hypervisor i see all event.

but not on the vcenter.

0 Kudos