VMware Cloud Community
Aegis
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Replication icon not appearing in vCenter

I've deployed a VRA (5.1.0.1) to my vCenter (5.1) from the vSphere web client, but for some reason the VRA service wont start and i cant see any vsphere replication icons in either the web client or the traditional client.

Anyone have any ideas? I've followed the admin guide to the letter, the only thing i've done differently is reduce the VRA to 2GB memory (from 4) as it's in a test environment.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
vmstyle
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, dear Aegis,I have met the same question that I can't see the vSphere Replication icon on the web client.The different scene is that i can see the vm of replication on my traditional client.Have you solved this question,now?

0 Kudos
mmarinov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In order to use VR your VRA must be up and running. Thus when you log in the vSphere Web client you will see vSphere Replication node in the left navigation panel. So, you need to check why the VR service is not running. In order to see logs see http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-51/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vsphere.replication_admin.doc%2FGUID...

Martin Marinov VMware Software Engineer If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
mmarinov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

By "can't see the vSphere Replication icon on the web client" do you mean the icon over a replicated VM? If that is the case, this is something different in the vSphere Web client in oppose to the C# client.

Martin Marinov VMware Software Engineer If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
vmstyle
Contributor
Contributor

Yes,i cant see the replication icon on the web ,while i can see it in my vsphere client. When we start a replication job ,we must use the replication icon to connect remote station, without of icon , replication can not work.

0 Kudos
vmstyle
Contributor
Contributor

what is the difference between the simple install  and  usual install when install the vcenter,why i ask is because that simple install can resolve my problem.

0 Kudos
duncandai
Contributor
Contributor

Have you solved this question ?(except vcenter simple installation)

0 Kudos
uncanny
Contributor
Contributor

This was solved by uninstalling the 5.1.0.1 SRM plugin from the vCenter.  Shutdown the VRA appliance that you had from the original upgrade (on whichever host it resides).  Reinstall the SRM plugin to vCenter.  Open the SRM plugin in vCenter and you should now see the vSphere Replication icon and the steps should all be back to their intialized state.  Reinstall the SRA and choose the manual configuration and point it to the database instance where you had the VRMS information or SRM (sometimes the same database can be used for all SRM elements).  Once the VRA registers to vCenter then re-pair to the other site.

0 Kudos
mrkps123
Contributor
Contributor

I have strange issue the vSphere Replication Icon in Home is disappear
After restart management web services it appears but not stable ,once i log out and login its disappear again
i checked the VR management status its normal no errors

Coudl you please help out on these issue .i have tried re-register Vcenter appliance still no luck

versions vcenter : 5.1 and VR appliance 5.1.2

0 Kudos