VMware Cloud Community
vJon
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Client 4.1 error issues communicating with the following vCenter server(s)

When I start my vi client, it loads up fine but I get a pop up window with the following message:

There are issues with communicating with the following vCenter server(s):

view1.domain: Failure to authenticate with the server.

We only have one vCenter server and the server name listed in the error does not have vSphere installed.  Someone else installed, or at least tried, to get vmware view set up on it.  What I've seen through researching the problem is that this happens when there is a linked mode problem.  We do not have linked mode enabled.  Actually we only have one vSphere server.  I have also looked through the vmware logs on my vi client and see errors like:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because the connected host failed to respond 155.147.170.20:443

[        Error   :W:20] Connect to Peer: https://view1.domain/sdk

view1.domain is the same computer as the IP listed. It sounds like a schema or something else is telling my vi client to connect to this server.  As I stated before, vSphere is not installed on view1 (171.20).

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
0 Replies