I have an issue with the order in which the vCenter servers are displayed in the vSphere webclient on a fresh installed 6.5 environment.
Here is how I set it up:
I have 2 sites, siteA and siteB. First I deployed a PSC in site A and created an SSO domain. Then I deployed a vCenter (appliance) in Site A and linked it to the SSO domain. After that I installed the PSC in SiteB and linked it to the SSO domain in Site A. Last I installed the vCenter (appliance) in Site B and linked it to the PSC in site B.
Now when I log in the vSphere web client SiteB is on top of the vCenter servers list. It does not matter to which vCenter we connect it always shows SiteB on top.
The HTML client and the VI client are showing the right order where siteA is on top en siteB on the bottom.
How is this possible and how do I correct this?
I want to have siteA on top and siteB below that.
I'm having the same problem, I will try install site B first an then site A. Just one note: in the documentation is said to deploy all pscs first an then the vcenters;
For topologies with external Platform Services Controller instances, you must deploy the replicating Platform Services Controller instances in a sequence. After the successful deployment of all Platform Services Controller instances in the domain, you can perform concurrent deployments of multiple vCenter Server appliances that point to a common external Platform Services Controller instance. "
I can tell you some more information. This problem existed in the 6.5 GA release, where the Flash client had the sort order backwards compared to the HTML5 client. I contacted support last fall and after weeks of effort was able to obtain a custom patch to fix the issue with the Flash client. I put off updates as long as possible and today I've patched to the latest release (Feb 15th) and the Flash client sort order is correct but the HTML5 client order is now backwards. Now I will have to fight with support for weeks again to get this resolved. Quite disappointing.