VMware Cloud Community
ouch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSpere client Performance tab overview page broken

Yesterday, all the overview pages on all the performance tabs in the client were showing an error about not being able to display the page (revealing to me that this page is an IE web page).

Also, the web access interface for vCenter was not working in the browser.

Seems like the web server for all this stuff was down. I fixed it by rebooting the Windows server that hosts vCenter, but I was wondering...

1. Is this a common fault that will happen from time to time

2. How could I have got it going again without rebooting everything? Is there a service I could have restarted, for example.?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jmcdonald1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It is a moderately common fault. I would start by looking at the stats.log file, which will show wh the service is not initializing. It is likely an invalid URL or something in the configuration.

One other thing to try is to upgrade to vCenter 4U1 there are several fixes for issues like this in this release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jmcdonald1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It is a moderately common fault. I would start by looking at the stats.log file, which will show wh the service is not initializing. It is likely an invalid URL or something in the configuration.

One other thing to try is to upgrade to vCenter 4U1 there are several fixes for issues like this in this release.

0 Kudos
ouch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks, much appreciated

0 Kudos