VMware Cloud Community
JoarStrand
Contributor
Contributor

vSpehre Web Client - IE page won't load. Starts up blank (white page)

Question about vSpehre Web Client.

I have just finished installing a new vCenter server and everything is working just fine except the Web Client when accessed from the local server via https://localhost:9443/vsphere-client/. The webpage won't load, it's just a blank (white) page.

The funny thing though is that i I try to access the web client from a client/pc on the network and that works fine when connectiong to https://servername.domain:9443/vsphere-client.

I had a falshplayer problem but that is solved and I have no problems accessing the admin-app (https://localhost:9443/admin-app/) from the local vCenter server, that loads just fine.

Also, the vCenter client works without problems both from local server and remote.

Web-browser used is IE10

OS is a  Win MS Server 2012

So my question is as follows:
Is there anyone on out there that has seen this issue before and know how to solve it?

I have not yet opened a case with VMware. Though I give this a chance first.

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Joar

0 Kudos
7 Replies
raog
Expert
Expert

Which version is this: 5.1U1 or 5.0U2?

Also what is the behavior if you try to access the client from the win2012 machine with the fqdn instead of localhost?

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
JoarStrand
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter version is 5.1 U1 and it dosn't matter if i try with localhost, FQDN or IP adress, still get the same result.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Hmm. my guess is some security setting on IE10 is blocking this.. is enhanced security configuration enabled? Can you try disabling this? Or try opening this in the compatibility view(the broken page icon near the address bar)

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
JoarStrand
Contributor
Contributor

Tried all that. Even turned off the firewall just to be sure. IE enh sec is not enabled either.

What I find strange though is that I can access the admin-app whitout problems. It's the same server and port just different application from what I understand. And it should have the same requirements as the vspehre-client aswell.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Well the vsphere client is a separate application and doesnt need flashplayer Smiley Happy

How did you enable flash? Did you enable the desktop experience feature in server manager?

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos
JoarStrand
Contributor
Contributor

Enabled it in the browser after donloading it from adobe.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

can you please enable desktop experience and then try?

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos