VMware Cloud Community
Jock8186
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vDS Health Check - VLAN Trunk "Not Supported" - How to Resolve???

I'm facing a strange issue with my vSphere vDS. I have enable the health checker and it is reporting back that all of my active uplinks/vmnics have vlans configured which are "Not supported".This is not the case......

For example:

My iSCSI & NFS storage network are configured to have their own vDS Portgroup. Each vDS portgroup (dv-iSCSI & dv-NFS) has its relative vlan configured (102 (iSCSI), 112 (NFS)). These port groups have a teaming assignment of 1 x active which is uplink10 (associated to vmnic10). All other uplinks are set to unused and thus no other uplinks should be attempting to communicate using vlan tag 102/112 and no other vlans (4-5 for example), should be attempting to communicate via uplink10.

The interface on the physical switch is configured to only allow vlan 102/112.

The issue i'm seeing in the vDS health checker is that the two required vlans (102/112) are showing as "Supported" - ok, i'm happy with that. However there is another error showing all other vlans associated to vDS portgroups as being "Not Support". This is confusing the hell out of me as no other portgroup has a teaming policy with uplink10 as active or stand-by. Other than my iSCSI and NFS vDS port groups, uplink10 for all other ports groups is set to unused.

I am seeing this same issue for all of my other uplinks/vmnics. The vlans that I want them to be "Supported" on are showing a nice green tick, however there is another corresponding "Not Supported" message for every other vlan in my dVS.

Any help would be greatly appreciatedvdsScreenshot.PNG

0 Kudos
0 Replies