VMware Cloud Community
dashdave
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCentre7 - does it really need 415 gig?

Hi Guys.  We are a very small business with 20 staff, we have been using Esxi 5.1 for some years running 15-20 VMs.  Recently we decided to update to Esxi 7 and buy a couple of new servers.  All OK so far.

But then I decided to install vCentre 7 and was amazed to see that if wants 465 gig of storage space.

Is it really needed, we only have 3.5 Tb of total storage in total.  help!

Dave - England

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

For tiny environment (up to 10 hosts or 100 virtual machines) the default storage size is 415 GB. Optionally, in order to save some storage you can enable thin provisioning by selecting Enable ThinDisk mode during installation.

But if you really looking forward to change disk specification I suppose you need to change layout.json file which resides at:

\vcsa-ui-installer\win32\resources\app\resources

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

For tiny environment (up to 10 hosts or 100 virtual machines) the default storage size is 415 GB. Optionally, in order to save some storage you can enable thin provisioning by selecting Enable ThinDisk mode during installation.

But if you really looking forward to change disk specification I suppose you need to change layout.json file which resides at:

\vcsa-ui-installer\win32\resources\app\resources

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.