VMware Cloud Community
davercyclone
Contributor
Contributor

vCentre Email Notification

Hi All,

I am having a devils job getting SMTP Alerts out of vCentre 5...

I've created a Recieve Connector in Exchange (2010) using the following PowerShell Commands:

New-ReceiveConnector -Name "Anonymous Relay" -Usage Custom -PermissionGroups AnonymousUsers -Bindings [serverip]:25 -RemoteIpRanges [ranges]

Get-ReceiveConnector "Anonymous Relay" | Add-ADPermission -User "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON" -ExtendedRights "Ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient"

From the vCentre box I am unable to Telnet to Exchange. I checked this by adding my Client Machine IP to the Connector range created above and I can Telnet in fine, the Exchange Recieve Connector Logs show succesful connection under that rule...I suspect the communication is not getting out from vCentre. There are no Firewalls between the two Servers and I'm at a loss as to what to try next...

Thanks,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GreatWhiteTec
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Try using Externally Secured for authentication and check all permission groups except Partners for testing. In theory, your default connection should allow email from vCenter as long as you are seding from your domain (%user%@yourdomain.com).

0 Kudos
UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Might this process will put some light on your problem i.e. if any thing you are missing in configuration

http://paulgrevink.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/configuring-vcenter-for-email-with-smtp-authentication/

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
davercyclone
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I tried the Auth settings as advised but they didn't help.

That link is not really relevant to Exchange Servers.

0 Kudos
GreatWhiteTec
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I missed something the first time I read your post. If you can;t telnet to the exchange box, you won't be able to send emails (you probably knew that already). Can you check firewall settings on your vCenter and/or between vCenter and Exchange?

0 Kudos
davercyclone
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, there are no firewalls between the two units (Windows FW is off).

0 Kudos