VMware Cloud Community
ouch
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter web interface buggy?

I have vCenter server installed. The thick client works great, but when I go to the vSpere web access interface, funny things happen.

The problem is just selecting stuff in the left hand tree under one of the 2 datacenters. One of them works fine, I can expand it and click on a VM, go back and forth between things and the RH pane updates to what I select correctly.

However, as soon as I expand the other datacenter, the RH pane no longer changes when I select different things on the left. Even stuff in the 'good' datacenter no longer works. If I expand this 'bad' datacenter first, then try to expand the 'good' one to expand it's contents causes it to stall saying "loading..." in grey underneath.

I have tried this with IE6 and Firefox 3.5, and it's the same in both.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jmcdonald1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have seen this issue a couple of times, however i have never seen a resolution to it. Of course I am saying this without looking at any of the logs. Smiley Happy

A good thing to do would be to apply U1 for vSphere as it includes a fix for a quite common permissions based issue which may be related here.

Also one other thing to note is that WebAccess under vSphere is at this time (Nov 27, 2009) is only Experimental support per the vSphere release notes. From my understanding it was redesigned in vSphere 4 and apparently there is a few kinks that need to be worked out. Smiley Happy

If you open an SR to troubleshoot the issue, than we can properly track the issues that are ccurring and get them addressed (hopefully) in a future release.

Cheers,

/Joanthan

ouch
Contributor
Contributor

Happily the datacenter involved was small, so I created a new datacenter, and moved everything to the new one, deleted the old one, and renamed the new one back to the required name.

This fixed it, but it isn't something you'd like to do to a large deployment - plus it lost all security/permissions defined at the datacenter/host level.

0 Kudos