VMware Cloud Community
andoven
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter vSphere server version number question

vCenter vSphere server 4 update 1 is the latest available version

I downloaded VMware-VIMSetup-all-4.0.0-208156.iso from the VMWare website.The website said it was the latest version

I updated my vCenter software last night, but when I click on Help -> about VMware vSphere inside my vi client, it says my vCenter vShere server is build 208111.

Is the vCenter vSphere server build number for update 1 documented somewhere ? I am curious what the build number was for vCenter vSphere 4 server that was previous to update 1 so I could compare it. I wonder what 208156 that was in my ISO download filename refers to? I was expecting that to be my build number after the installation was complete. I wish the version could be included, in addition to the build number, within vi client, so the version number would be easier to find.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

you have the correct build for U1, the Latest Released Version: 4.0.0 U1 | 11/19/09 | 208156 includes the all the modules

VMware vCenter Server 4 and modules

Installer for VMware vCenter Server (build 208111), VMware vSphere Client (build 208111), VMware vSphere Host Update Utility, VMware vCenter Update Manager (build 208126), VMware vCenter Converter (build 206188), VMware vCenter Guided Consolidation and VMware vCenter Orchestrator. Available in English, German, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.

</div>

0 Kudos
jamesrichter
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seeing the same thing in my vcenter server. It shows build 208111, but looking at the release notes for 4.0.0 update 1 it shows build 208156. Why isn't that reflected on my server? I know I have update1 because the clients had to update, but even the clients show build 208111. Did VMware forget to update the build number?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

as stated to the OP. You are at vCenter4U1. The 208156 Build is comprised of all the modules as well. A little misleading, I know, but nonetheless correct.

See this too

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/392

0 Kudos