VMware Cloud Community
evercaut1
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter service stops when adding particular host

Hello,

I have a Virtual Center (4) server. I have 5 esx 3.5 servers and 2 vsphere servers. All servers adding to my virtual center is not a problem except for one. When adding that server (esx 3.5) the virtual center service stops with event: 7024. The VMware VirtualCenter Server service terminated with service-specific error 2 (0x2).

Have tried adding the server as the first server with a new database and adding the server as the last of all servers, but only that server makes the virtual center services stop.

Is there anybody who knows what i can try to do.

gr. Ev

0 Kudos
4 Replies
leeplastic
Contributor
Contributor

vCentre service can stop when there are database issue, for example a full transaction log...

0 Kudos
evercaut1
Contributor
Contributor

I Know the service can stop when there is something wrong with the database. That is why I installed a complete new clean database and start adding that host directly.

After adding that host the service stops, but can be started manually. After that, I can add all other esx servers without a problem.

0 Kudos
evercaut1
Contributor
Contributor

Problem is solved. We removed one guest server which was causing this troubles.

We could identify the machine because all other guests where added as ´disconnected´ in virtual center except for one which was added as ´unidentified´. So we removed that server completly (old file server) and re-added the host.

Now everything went oké en we recreated a new machine with the old disks of the old file server.....

0 Kudos
evercaut1
Contributor
Contributor

solved by myself....

0 Kudos