VMware Cloud Community
Peter_Channing
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter in Linked mode access issues

I have 2 vCenter 5.1 servers in linked mode with no firewall between them, connected via layer 2 connectivity, in two different data centers. They are both a member of the same domain, with DC's in each data center, each with their own SSO server at each location. Both vCenter servers are virtualized. The entire infrastructure is on a secure mangement network.

We also have a management server outside the secure zone with teh virtual infrastructure with the required ports open to each vCenter server. Connecting to either vCenter server via Infrastructure Client works fine with the exception of an authentication error. When connecting to site 1 directly I can authenticate but get an error authenticating to site 2, and at that point can only manage site one. When connecting to site 2 directly I get teh same thing but in reverse. I can open and manage site 2 but get an authentication error for site 1.

From vCenter server at either site I can authenticate to the and manage both sites without error.

From the management server outside the secure zone I can RDP to the vCenter server at either site.

This one is baffling me, as network connectivity seems to be there as per RDP and connecting to each site with teh infrastructure client. The only part that doesnt seem to work is the Linked Mode functionality.

Anyone have thoughts on this one? i would appreciate any assitance.

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_Channing
Contributor
Contributor

found this...Linked Mode Authentication

gonna try it this morning and will post my results.

0 Kudos