VMware Cloud Community
snyderkv1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter backup fails

Hello, trying to take a simple vCenter backup to an HTTP location via the HFS tool but it's giving me the error below. Port 80 on the ESXi firewall is checked and the vCenter has no firewall. Anyone else run into this?

pastedImage_9.png

ESXi host firewall that vCenter is on is accepting 80 and 443.

pastedImage_0.png

I get a different error based on whether or not I use the root / or the folder path. The folder has everyone full control and the ficticious user account and permissions are set to root/password from HFS.

pastedImage_8.png

1. ERROR: Error at process ComponentScriptsBackup; rc:55.

2. ERROR: BackupManager encountered an exception: Hit exception inside process ComponentScriptsBackup

[MainProcess:PID-9280] ERROR: stderr:Failed to dispatch component rbd backup

1. curl: (55) Send failure: Broken pipe

2. curl: (52) Empty reply from server.

ERROR: BackupManager encountered an exception: Failed to send data to the destination server. Please check network connectivity/space available/permissions on the server. For details please check the log file: /var/log/vmware/applmgmt/backup.log.

1. ERROR: BackupManager encountered an exception: Hit exception inside process ComponentScriptsBackup

2. ERROR: BackupManager encountered an exception: Failed to receive data/response from the remote server

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

It looks like a permissions problem on folder destination ... try to double check the permissions \ firewall on the destination

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please attach the mentioned "/var/log/vmware/applmgmt/backup.log" to a reply post.

Adré

0 Kudos