VMware Cloud Community
MKrantz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter Storage Monitoring Plug-in?

I came across the below error in my plug in manager regarding the vCenter Storage Monitoring plug-in. Can someome please advise?

vCenter Storage Monitoring

VMware Inc.

Disabled

Storage Monitoring and

Reporting

The plug-in failed to

load on server(s)

(server name deleted for posting) due

to the following error:

Could not load file or

assembly

'VpxClientCommon,

Version=4.1.0.0,

Culture=neutral,

PublicKeyToken=7c8-

0a434483c7c50' or

one of its

dependencies. The

system cannot find

the file specified.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

uninstall the 4.1 client and see what happens. When complete go into your plug-in manager and see if the plug-in for vCenter Storage Monitoring 4.1 is gone. You should see a 4.0 version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I've seen this before. Are you using vCenter 4.0.x and a 4.1 client?

0 Kudos
MKrantz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am using vCenter 4.0.x and have both the 4.0 and 4.1 client installed. Although I use the 4.0 client primarily, I am sure the 4.1 client has been used as well.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

uninstall the 4.1 client and see what happens. When complete go into your plug-in manager and see if the plug-in for vCenter Storage Monitoring 4.1 is gone. You should see a 4.0 version.

0 Kudos
Dizzy34
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same issue when connecting from a 4.0 cv-client (checking under Help / About) on an XP-client connecting to a 4.0 vCenter. The 4.1 client components are locally present however, since I also have some 4.1 vCenters which I manage remotely, which is why I can't just uninstall the 4.1 components.

If I start the vi-client on the vCenter 4.0 server where only the 4.0 client is installed, the Storage Monitoring plug-in works just fine. I therefore assume the same would be true if you just uninstall the 4.1 client on your workstation, provided you don't need the 4.1 client to access a 4.1 ESX-host or a 4.1 vCenter.

Smiley Wink Dizzy

0 Kudos