VMware Cloud Community
kcucadmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter Server upgrade 4.1 - Unable to uninstall Guided Consolidation component

I recieve an Internal Error 25030 when i try to "change/remove" VMWare vCenter Guided Consolidation from add remove programs. I'm unable to upgrade vCenter Server to 4.1 with out first uninstalling Guided Consolidation server.

any ideas?

this vCenter server is for our DR Site, no real VM's or ESX hosts on it yet, however I have upgraded the Production side of the link to 4.1 already.

i guess i could kill the link and just uninstall everything or format and start new, but that's pretty drastic.

i do have SRM installed but not really setup betwen the two sites yet.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

maybe this will help some

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1003400

0 Kudos
kcucadmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yeah i dont have a capacity planner option in add remove programs. i have "VMWare vCenter Guided Consolidation" and in the vpxd.cfg file there is no section or entry from that article.

any other ideas?

I"m thinking to just de-link, and uninstall all...

0 Kudos
PFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am having the same exact problem and this is our production system. It may have something to do with me trying to install Converter Standalone on the system awhile back. I could just remove the link in the registry from the add/remove but I don't know if will affect my attempt to upgrade to 4.1. Anyone?

0 Kudos
PFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Solved, had to turn off the plugin in vCenter 4.0 then run msiexec /x{3C8A92EA-74B1-442F-B853-66BF305E5530} from a commandline (run as administrator).

kcucadmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

as another possible solution:

I ran CCCleaner on the server and went to the tools section and used the CCCleaner to launch the Uninstaller and it worked fine. Was able to uninstall guided consolidation server. then was able to run the 4.1 upgrade.

0 Kudos
pesante_pr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

These are the steps I followed:

1) Disabled the plugin Guided Consolidation in vcenter.

2) I navigated in the registry to HLKM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{"the guided consolidation guid}

3) Deleted the NoUninstall Reg key.

4) Opened add remove programs and uninstalled the guided consolidation. 

I hope this also works for you.

Have a good one!

VCP 4/5, VSTP 4/5, VSP 4/5 @fjpesante
0 Kudos