VMware Cloud Community
toolmodel
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Server unresponsive

Hello all,

I am a high school student working on a test environment for my school. One of the big issues I have had with the vCenter servers that I have built is that they will go unresponsive at times for about a day and then suddenly work again. The reason that this really confounds me is that when it is unresposive (I can not ping it nor connect using vSphere Client) I can still connect to it fine using remote desktop. All of these servers are on fresh installations of Windows Server 2008 R2 with nothing else on them, there are no additional security features enabled. Neither rebooting the vm or the host fix the problem. Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

is there anything in the Windows Event Logs that may help pinpoint the problem? Is your DB instance local or remote?

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Immediately following the restart of the service, the VCenter doesn't respond for some time.. the service starts, but it takes time for it finish loading the data and make it available

Turn off firewall and also any power features (like display after 20 minutes, or power down hard drive)

0 Kudos