VMware Cloud Community
Natzuko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter Server on Windows 2012 R2, high memory usage (vmafdd.exe)

Hello all,

This is my first post in vmware communities. So Hello-again 🙂

I create an account because I didn't find a solution of my issue in the Internet/forums. To finish, sorry for my bad English in advance.

Environment :

I have a production environment. 1 vCenter Server on Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2 ESXi in cluster.

My ecosystem is in version 6.0.0 for the vCenter Server and my 2 ESXi.

Issue :

On my vCenter Server Windows, I have multiple services about VMware and I can see the service name VMware afd Service takes some much memory.

When I check the Task Manager, I can see a Process Name vmafdd.exe at the top of memory usage run by the service indicated above and I don't understand why.

sdfsf.png

When I run the following command to output the services and heap memory assigned to them : cloudvm-ram-size.bat -l

aaaa.png

The result is not logic compared to my memory usage on the vCenter Server.

The reboot can release the memory, as you can see on my screenshot below.

This graph based on this year about the memory usage in percentage on the vCenter Server.

cccc.png

On my monitoring, I can see the memory falls gradually at each reboot server.

Maybe someone can help me here ?

Thanks by advance for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Natzuko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello @scott28tt, thanks for your reply, I create a new ticket in the good area.

Good day to you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As your post needs moving to the area for vCenter Server, I have reported it to the volunteer moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Natzuko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello @scott28tt, thanks for your reply, I create a new ticket in the good area.

Good day to you.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Post reported to the volunteer moderators for a second time, now asking them to remove it since you created a duplicate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos