VMware Cloud Community
GergMN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter Server error-how to stop

My vCenter Server is throwing the following error message: "Maximum (3) number of hosts allowed for this edition of vCenter Server has been reached." I know that, as I know how many hosts I have installed! Problem is, the error message repeats every 30 seconds. How can I acknowledge and/or stop this error message? If I right-click on it in the Events window, my only option is to copy to clipboard.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

You might want to double check the license key/file because if you have purchased appropriate hosts, it will not generate this warnings. If you're exceeding your license counts, you can use "evaluation mode" for 60 days just for temporary while you check out your licensing problems.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
GergMN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When I look at "Administration/Licensing" in the vCenter Server, it shows:

vSphere 4 Essentials--5 CPU's assigned/6 CPU's capacity

vCenter Server 4 Essentials--1 instances assigned/1 instances capacity.

Each of the 3 hosts listed has a unique license key, which were copied & pasted directly from my license portal at vmware.com. Everything looks right, but obviously something's wrong somewhere.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

this is a known issue, and at the time there is no workaround

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1012840

0 Kudos
GergMN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there some way to 'subscribe' to that KB article or issue to be notified when a fix is released/discovered?

0 Kudos
GergMN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you!

0 Kudos