VMware Cloud Community
sgloeckle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter Server Security Fix for VMSA-2020-0006 applied but still same behaviour

Hello

has anyone already updated VCSA to 6.7 U3f to fix the VMSA-2020-0006 problem (ACL Mode legacy)?

I did it yesterday on one appliance but still the log outputt says: ACL Mode: legacy

There is no hint given in the articles around the problem what it should say instead.

any idea?

VMSA-2020-0006.1

VMware Knowledge Base

thx, Stefan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your question.  I have reached out to our security folks and they have confirmed that the "ACL MODE: Legacy" text will still appear after the upgrade.  The KB article has been updated to make that clear.

Thanks,

--

Darius

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello Stefan,

Can you verify if the ACL Mode: Legacy is a new entry or old entry in the log. Please check the time (note the timezone on vCSA) and I have not tested if they fixed the issue keeping the log entry or may be fixed the issue along with the log entry.

You can certainly raise a feedback on the KB

thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your question.  I have reached out to our security folks and they have confirmed that the "ACL MODE: Legacy" text will still appear after the upgrade.  The KB article has been updated to make that clear.

Thanks,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
bryanvaneeden
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I can confirm that the "ACL MODE: Legacy" still gets thrown after upgrading to vCenter 6.7 U3f.... They should've changed that TBH.

Visit my blog at https://vcloudvision.com!
0 Kudos
sgloeckle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok! Thanks, that explains

🙂

0 Kudos