VMware Cloud Community
akutz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vCenter Server Appliance Not Responding

I downloaded the VMware vCenter Server Appliance and am running it inside VMware Fusion (courtesy of the OVF tool), but whenever I try to do anything inside the web management platform the "Requesting Information..." status never stops spinning. I managed to get past the "Accept EULA" and that took close to three minutes; forget about configuring the database. I did decrease the RAM to 2GB from the stock 8GB, but I refuse to believe 8GB is required when I have a vCenter instance running on Windows 7 x64 using only 2GB of RAM. I noticed from the logs that on the appliance the SMTP service also fails to load. Has anyone run into anything like this? Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

I ran it in Workstation and noticed similar things when the memory is reduced. I ran it with 6GB and it seemed to work reasonably well, but when I started dropping the memory it just got worse and worse. It might be worth giving it more memory just to see if it corrects.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos