VMware Cloud Community
Blazerunner
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Server Appliance Login oddity (6.0 U3b)

Hi all

I am experiencing some strange behavior with the VCSA version above and Active Directory authentication.

Basically the following occurs:

1. vSphere Client (the old .NET thick client) - if you check the checkbox named "Use Windows session credentials" - this works fine and I login

2. vSphere Client (the old .NET thick client) - if you uncheck the checkbox named "Use Windows session credentials" - and type in your DOMAIN login / password manually, it does not work "Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password"

....and using the Web Client:

1. Click the checkbox as per above - fails, no error

2. Manually type in the DOMAIN login / password, it fails "Authentication failure" (I have downloaded and installed the integration plugin)

I have enabled LSASS but it made no difference (though I did not reboot, I only restarted vpxd) and this used to work fine in previous versions, the only thing I can think of is that as part of security we disabled SMBv1 on the domain controllers in the past.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Blazerunner
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have any ideas? if not I will log with VMware.

Thanks

0 Kudos
dineshgoundar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How have you configured LDAP in vCenter? Is the vCenter joined to the domain? I had the similar issue when using the first option when configuring LDAP. Cant remember what it was called (can check when I connect again). Can you try changing the LDAP configuration to use "AD as an LDAP source" or similar. Also, in the current configuration, can you check if you are able to login using UPN format.

0 Kudos