VMware Cloud Community
warrenwalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter Search function displays Login to the Query Service Failed

Hi All,

We've recently implemented two new vCenter servers using Linked Mode. One of these stopped displaying searche information for all VMs under a specific vCenter. Upon further investigation we realised that when logged on to the problem vCenter, the error 'Login to the query service failed'. Our admins use this feature constantly so its more than a little annoying that its stopped working.

So far I've tried to up the RAM in the vCenter Tomcat configuration (Didnt work) and restarted the Web Services/ vCenter service but again this made no difference. The database is a fresh installation in both sites. (We migrated the hosts rather than performing an inplace upgrade).

The vCenter only hosts approximately 40 hosts. I have read that this could possibly be a bug with vCenter 4.1 and upgrading to 4.1 Update 1 may fix the issue. Can anyone provide any possible suggestions or experience with regard to this issue?

Cheers!

Warren

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

you can try the below KB article.  With that said, we had a few issues with the search function in 4.1 as well. They were resolved when we went to U1

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1036541

0 Kudos
warrenwalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Troy,

We've checked this also and both entries appear correct within the settings.

Cheers,

Warren

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I would suggest moving to U1 then.  All our search issues were resolved after we rolled to U1

warrenwalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah I think you might be right Troy. What an inconvenience!

Cheers,

Warren

0 Kudos