VMware Cloud Community
escapem2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter SSO Failing and no log in not even root

hi guys

Today a log in issues was reported and I tried with my AD credentials to log in to my vCenter Appliance 5.1 (build 880146). No go.

Tried with root credentials. I was not able neither.

So lucky me I found a Web client session loged in since yesterday so I went to my SSO config I showed me up this

SSO_Error.jpg

then I went to vCenter Config Web and tried restarting Server and still same issue

vCenter_Service.jpg

So at this momento I am really not sure what failed if was SSO or vCenter Server Service...so any idea who to find out the cause?

--------------- update

hey guys I found this /storage/sore us full any idea how to avoid this issue?

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/sda3       9.8G  4.2G  5.1G  46% /

udev            4.0G  104K  4.0G   1% /dev

tmpfs           4.0G     0  4.0G   0% /dev/shm

/dev/sda1       128M   21M  101M  17% /boot

/dev/sdb1        20G   20G     0 100% /storage/core

/dev/sdb2        20G  3.2G   16G  17% /storage/log

/dev/sdb3        20G   15G  4.4G  77% /storage/db

thanks a lot

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

the core will contain the core dump files.. if you don't need those.. delete them.. you may also take a look at this thread to have a NFS store for storing the core dumps.

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/403107?start=0&tstart=0

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
raog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

the core will contain the core dump files.. if you don't need those.. delete them.. you may also take a look at this thread to have a NFS store for storing the core dumps.

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/403107?start=0&tstart=0

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
vmstoani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

bb

0 Kudos
escapem2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks a lot for your answer

no way I did not know there were not important.... but I did not find any where in google there wasn't problem deleting them

0 Kudos