What's your opinion/experience about the vCenter Orchestrator?
It seems to be VMware's sleeper cell:
- There is one in every vCenter-enviro nment
- everybody knows that that is something, but...
- only a view people really understand
- the ones who already use it, don't talk much about it
- it might be scaring if it wakes up
- it's almost allmighty if its active
There are signs for an increase of importance of vCO:
- the just published vCD-plugin
- it's in the VCAP-DCA blueprint
- there were some demos from 3rd-party-vendors (Cisco UCS, Netapp)
On the other hand:
- no "marketing" activity
- no real getting-started guide / workshop / training / consulting offer
- just a small community
So, what do you think?
You've missed a few details:
Very suspicious. Very suspicious indeed. Stay safe my friends.
@Carter: How did I miss these important signs? :smileylaugh:
I am a big fan of the Orchestrator as well, it power is really impressive (also see the discussion about possible plugins on http://www.vcoteam.info/vco-features/vco-plug-ins-wish-list.html ).
So my post has of course no negative intention, I just want raise some discussion, do some marketing for the vCO and maybe provocate some Roadmap-statements by VMware....
Let's see what happens!
...to re-animate this discussion:
I just recognized the actual date when VMware acquired Dunes in 2007. No further comments.