VMware Cloud Community
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter Linked Mode

Hello Experts,

we are trying to deploy a new vcenter server in a new site and we need to configure linked mode by joining an existing SSO domain.

the location of the two site are Lebanon and Iraq, and VPN connection was established between the two sites.

we received the following error during stage 2 deployment and any help is appreciated

to note that we are using vcenter server 6.7U3 in both sites

pastedImage_0.png

thank you in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
NicolasAlauzet

Two questions:

Is the PSC that you are trying to connecto to External or Enbedded?

Have you tested conectivity (telnet port 443 at least?)

Here you will find list of required ports: Required Ports for vCenter Server and Platform Services Controller

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos
Nawals
Expert
Expert

Can you please enter the FQDN in lower case letter in the Embedded PSC filed. and then try.  in addition to making sure DNS forward and reverse lookup are working properly, check port 443 to the external PSC and target host.

If help please mark helpful or correct.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

we are using vCenter server appliance with embedded PSC

and yes port 443 is open

thank you

0 Kudos
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi Nawals,

to note that we are using two different domain names and each vcenter is connected to a different DNS.

reverse lookup of vcenter is not available. is it mandatory to have reverse lookpup?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Nawals
Expert
Expert

Yes. Reverse lookup zone is mandatory to create. Now what I understand is you try to deploy vcenter at Leabanon with abc.com and other vcenter deploy at Iraq with xyz.com and you try to join two  vCenter Servers each with embedded platform services controllers, in enhanced linked mode. Additionally, this will create one SSO domain and enable vCenter Enhanced Linked Mode. Is this is correct? If yes then please follow this link: https://www.sysadmintutorials.com/join-vcenters-enhanced-linked-mode/

please mark as helpful or correct if resolve your issue.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos