VMware Cloud Community
markwolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter Linked Mode Problem

I have 2 vCenter servers that are in linked mode and have been working fine with no issues.  This morning, when I logged into vCenter using my local vCenter server (which I always do), it told me that the 2nd vCenter server was not connected.  I closed the vSphere client and logged in again using the other vCenter server name and it connects to both with no problems.  Other admins here can connect to both with no problems.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Your client is the same build as your vCenter Servers?  If no one else is having the problem, I would tend to think it may be an isolated incident, or something with your connection device (laptop/desktop)

0 Kudos
gary1012
Expert
Expert

Do you have any firewalls between the two sites or running on the vCenter hosts? Where are you running the vSphere client from; the vCenter host or your local PC?

Community Supported, Community Rewarded - Please consider marking questions answered and awarding points to the correct post. It helps us all.
0 Kudos
geddam
Expert
Expert

Is this a one time occurance? Can you try the same from a different box, I mean logging into VI Client from anyother box, where VI client is installed.

Thanks

Ramesh. Geddam

Thanks,, Ramesh. Geddam,
0 Kudos
markwolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Everything is internal, no firewalls involved.  I tried from my VM and from my workstation and got the same error.  A co-worker tried from my workstation but didn't get the error.  Again, when I log into server 1 from vSphere client I get the error and can't see server 2.  When I log into server 2 from the vsphere client I can see both server 1 and 2 and get no errors.  Maybe something with SSL?

0 Kudos
geddam
Expert
Expert

Can you post the snnipets from

C:\Users\%installationaccount%\AppData\Local\Temp\jointool-0.log

Thanks

Ramesh. Geddam

Thanks,, Ramesh. Geddam,
0 Kudos
markwolf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't have a c:\users folder (this is windows xp) or a file called jointool-0.log.

THe only thing that has changed recently is that I changed my password on the account that I am logging into vCenter with.  Its a domain admin account.

0 Kudos
geddam
Expert
Expert

This should be on server, where vCenter is installed. And jointool-x.log will be located in this location, just arrange by date and time after replicating the issue.

If you are able to login from Second server and can see both the instances, that tells most of your issue.Check the vpxd and jointool-x.log from vCenter server1 for exact and detailed error messages.

Thanks,, Ramesh. Geddam,
0 Kudos