VMware Cloud Community
FrederickFlints
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Guest has changes Host Guest does not

I know it sounds weird, let me explain.

Client had a power outage. They powered on the Host afterward, I got on a users computer, downloaded and installed vSphere on the users machine, logged into the Host, and started the Guests.

All of the Guests started properly, but on server Phone, the system was not operating properly. Checking the logs, they went up to October of last year, the time the server was virtualized, then the logs stopped, and started back again the day I started it.

On a whim, I shut down the server on the Host, and started it while logged into vCenter. The Phone server, when started in vCenter, had all of the logs, and was operating properly.

How do I fix this, if it is broken? :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - Which logs are you checking? If they are the logs in the VM they should be the same

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
FrederickFlints
Contributor
Contributor

Ah. My apologies. I was referring to the logs in the Guest OS, the Windows logs. They continued from the day the machine was P2V'd, and for a little while afterward, and then just completely stop until the day the server was booted again.

This is only when the machine was started from the Host.

Starting the machine from vCenter appears to have resolved most of the issue, but we do appear to be missing some data still.

0 Kudos