VMware Cloud Community
mazekingNO
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Appliance in Multisite domain/Large international DNS sites - Users cannot log in

Hi,

I have several VMware customers where I recently deployed the vCenter Appliance. Adding Identity source works fine within in the appliance. When I´m using administrator@vsphere.local I can go through the vCenter and add the correct users or groups for access to the vCenter. The Identity source is viewable with all its users and groups through vCenter using the administrator@vsphere.local user.

However. When the users tries to log on they get cannot log in through the web client. The get incorrect user name or password. I found this very strange. Is there som kind of "know error" how the vCenter appliance looks up the users or groups through AD/DNS? Several of these customers have a lot of DNS/AD servers. It might seems that the Appliance asks the wrong DNS/AD server or that the FQDN is not resolvable if it asks the wrong DNS server.

On one of the customers we deployed a Windows vCenter and just to compare and there everything worked imidately after installing SSO and vCenter. No logon errors.

Has anyone else run into problems like these?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bse1969
Contributor
Contributor

Does this happen when you select the Use WIndows Credentials?  Can you log in just typing the DOMAIN\ID and password?  We are seeing an issue where a user has a large number of groups it is a member of and selecting the Use Windows Credentials option.  They can log in without it.  Users with a low number of groups it works fine.

0 Kudos