VMware Cloud Community
Chad2011
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Appliance Questions

I am looking at deploying the appliance over deploying on a Windows VM/PC and am wondering if the appliance includes Update Manager and Web Client also would it be a problem to manage the same host in vCenter as the appliance lives on? I am planning to install to local storage then use Storage vMotion to move it to an iSCSI SAN when that is in place. Managing the host and sitting on a SAN recommended or should the appliance be on local storage or a seperate host not managed by vCenter all together?

Looking for some tips, thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

There's no problem with installing the vCenter Appliance on the shared storage and running it on the same hosts it is managing. o find out about the limitations of vCenter Appliance version 1.0 see e.g. http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2011/08/10/vcenter-appliance/

André

0 Kudos
Chad2011
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the link, it looks like a simple and promising direction but I think I'll deploy on Windows instead. I was more hoping for at least the Update Manager being included. The heartbeat related stuff I'm going to want in time I imagine. Thanks

0 Kudos