VMware Cloud Community
TdisalvoOrinoco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter Appliance AD authentication issues

Hi,

I am having some issues with getting vCenter to communicate with AD.  I have an SSO appliance setup, and I have a service account setup to connect to domain.local.  This is showing as working within the vCenter appliance, however when I go into the web, or c# client interface, and try to add user from the domain into the vCenter I do not see the domain.local from the dropdown to add users.  I only seee vsphere.local and the appliance name.

The account I am using as a service account is a plain domain account.  Is this a rights issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Atul_gen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have your domain added in your SSO ? You can check it , login to SSO appliance using sso user permission ---> go to home--> configuration and click on identity source and observer your domain is there or not ? If it is not please add your domain manually over there. Please let me know your observations.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
grace27
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to communities.

please check your gateway and dns IP first and then do nslookup to find out nearest domain .

But as far as I know it must be gateway problem.

0 Kudos
TdisalvoOrinoco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies.  I will follow up as soon as I am able to log in to the sytem and check.  I will validate the gateway, however it is on a single, class c network. 

0 Kudos