VMware Cloud Community
avallk
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter Agent Preupgrade Check tool failing

I am running vCenter server on a 2008 R2 VM. It is connecting to a SQL 2005 database. I have run the vCenter Agent Preupgrade Check tool twice and gotten the attached log files as a result. Can anyone give me some insight? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

check to ensure you have proper credentials setup in your ODBC connection.  Also, that user will need dbo on the MSDC and VCDB

ERROR [01S00] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Invalid connection string attribute
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
ERROR [01S00] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Invalid connection string attribute
ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

0 Kudos
avallk
Contributor
Contributor

Ok... so now it shows the 64-bit ODBC DSN. No clue why it didn't before. Didn't change anything. *sigh*
I get to the run tests and it fails on all my servers with Connection Error. Looking at the report gives me:

:4/1/2011, 11:09:24 AM
:servername.domain
:VMware ESXi 4.1.0 build-348481
:1

Any ideas?
Thanks
Ken
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

the logs indicatate you maybe be having the same issue identifed in the below thread. The user appeared to find a workaround

Re: Connection Error with Pre-Agent Upgrade Checker

0 Kudos