VMware Cloud Community
Chris_23
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 7.0.3 Single Sign On error

Hi,

I am having some issues with SSO in vCenter, I had it working and was able to login a few days ago, however since the start of this week, ive been unable to authenticate using AD credentials.

The weird thing is that under `Users and Groups` all accounts from AD still show, however under `Configuration` -> `Active Directory Domain` - my domain that I joined has gone missing, and when I try to join the domain, I get an error.

Idm client exception: Error trying to join AD, error code [31], user [#####.admin], domain [#####.local], orgUnit []

The error from the login page is `Invalid Credentials`

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This thread needs moving to the vCenter Server area, I've reported it so moderators are notified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Chris_23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

So I managed to figure out the issue, if you are facing similar issues, check your NTP settings are set according to your Domain Controller.

I set mine to the domain controller but due to jitter, the NTP was still 5 minutes behind, I then set it to the same NTP server as what the domain controller is set to and its now been working 100%.

0 Kudos