VMware Cloud Community
Maurizio71
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 7.0.0c "vAPI Endpoint" service warning

After upgrade vCenter from version 7.0.0b to version 7.0.0c I got this warning on the service monitor:

Failed to connect to 7ae7cbaa-9164-47f7-a9f8-1d1da7e2746b\com.vmware.vcenter.nsxd.vapi vAPI provider.

Current vApi Endpoint health status is created between 2020-08-24T16:21:29UTC and 2020-08-24T16:21:30UTC.

I've these lines in the vapi/endpoint/endpoint.log:

2020-08-24T15:33:00.213Z | WARN  | state-manager1            | ApiInterfacesFactory           | Retrieving interfaces for service 7ae7cbaa-9164-47f7-a9f8-1d1da7e2746b\com.vmware.vcenter.nsxd.vapi has failed.

2020-08-24T15:33:00.214Z | WARN  | state-manager1            | ApiInterfacesFactory           | The cache does not contain entry for service 7ae7cbaa-9164-47f7-a9f8-1d1da7e2746b\com.vmware.vcenter.nsxd.vapi. The interfaces will be skipped.

2020-08-24T15:33:00.214Z | INFO  | state-manager1            | HealthStatusCollectorImpl      | HEALTH YELLOW Failed to connect to 7ae7cbaa-9164-47f7-a9f8-1d1da7e2746b\com.vmware.vcenter.nsxd.vapi vAPI provider.

Thanks

Maurizio

27 Replies
mattroslevich
Contributor
Contributor

Got a response from VMware Support..

Hello Matthew,

Greetings!

I am Shweta Sharma and will be assisting you with this SR.

Yes, this is a known issue in vCenter 7.0.x versions.

Please check this KB article as it states the same-

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80409

This is into out notice and our engineering team is working upon it to resolve it in future releases.
Also, as of now, you can ignore this warning as it does not have any impact in the system.

There you have it - definitely a known issue that can be ignored for now. They're working on it. mariss35​ hit the nail on the head!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

While I am a moderator and an employee I am not a ”gateway” to either the support or engineering teams.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
tylerjurgens
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone tried vCenter 7.0 U1?  The KB linked looks accurate for the symptoms I am seeing and the logs I can correlate.

0 Kudos
mdiorio1
Contributor
Contributor

VAPI endpoint is still erroring in the appliance manager in U1:  It's now "Healthy with warnings"

Failed to connect to ad332723-9a14-41b6-820c-9af189783ed5\com.vmware.vcenter.nsxd.vapi vAPI provider.
Configuration health status is created between 2020-11-27T15:33:06UTC and 2020-11-27T15:35:11UTC.
0 Kudos
GlebA
Contributor
Contributor

I have faced the same issue soon after upgrade to 7.0U1c. It was fine on a previous version.

https://{vcenter}/vapiendpoint/health shows YELLOW status

https://{vcenter}/rest/appliance/health/applmgmt shows {"value":"green"}

Anyone managed to find a solution? Any information from vmWare?

0 Kudos
mdiorio1
Contributor
Contributor

Gotta say - my vCenter completely blew up on me with no way to recover it.  The backups were corrupted too somehow, even though they showed as valid in the VSA.  So I rebuilt the whole thing from scratch using 7.0u1 ISO and everything is completely healthy this time.  (No fun rebuilding the distributed switches, and having to deal with the management network being on a vDS.  Had to do some manipulation, but it all came up fine.  I was surprised how easy it was bringing vSAN back up and health.

I have a feeling the vAPI issue was introduced in an early build and doesn't resolve itself after upgrades. 

0 Kudos
RichardVisage
Contributor
Contributor

I have had nothing but one issue after another with my WVware farm ever since updating to 7.0. Updates or patches have not fixed this issue for me. It still persists.

Booooooo VMWare, booooooo!

nrose
Contributor
Contributor

Guess who the genius was that thought he was going to "casually" slam out a vCenter upgrade from 6.7 to 7.0 today and likely finish up with enough time to leave early for the holiday weekend...?

(vCenter 7.0 Update 1 and experiencing the same issue despite KB80409 citing it's resolved in 7.0U1.)

....and this is literally my (5th? 6th?) problem I've had to troubleshoot today from this upgrade. I've still gotta figure out why after every reboot I have to manually start vmware-vpxd as it doesn't start on it's own. Ya know, NOTHING IMPORTANT. Ugh

0 Kudos