VMware Cloud Community
CHJamey
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 6 not showing historical performance data

Hello.  We had our vcenter vm rendered unusable a week and a half ago.  VMware support wasn't able to resolve the issue at the time after hours of troubleshooting so I decided to stand up a new 2012 R2 vcenter vm and do a clean install of vcenter.  I pointed it at our current ms sql db and our existing external psc.  The first install failed with a long error which I saved via screenshot.   Then VMware support suggested I re-run the install.  I was able to then install vCenter successfully.  I used the same IP and fqdn.

Here is what we had to do after the re-install.

1.  Re-apply all host licenses

2.  Connect all hosts back to vcenter

3.  Repair ha on all clusters

4.  Use the psc tool to remove an old service id for the previous vcenter.  This was a suggestion of the VMware engineer.

After doing this, we could manage our hosts once again. But...  there are some issues now.

1.  We were using tags heavily and they are all there now, but not associated to anything.

2.  We can only see real-time stats and we have an error when clicking on the Overview tab.

We are thinking about doing a fresh re-install and building vCenter from scratch.  We have about 55 hosts so this will take some work but at least we'll know it's all good(hopefully) after.

I have had this issue as a sev 1 initially and now it has been demoted to sev 2 and the VMware engineer has not been able to figure anything out in a week.

I figured I would post on here to see if anyone has any experience with a situation like this or has any suggestions to fix either the stats issue or get my tag associations back.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS...  We have already tried truncating the vpx stats tables and re-creating the vpx views as recommended by VMware.  We also manually ran all of the rollup jobs in the sql mgmt. studio manually.  We are ok with losing historical stats as long as it is collecting them again.

Thanks,

Jamey

0 Kudos
0 Replies