VMware Cloud Community
griffinboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter 5, VMware XVP Manager & vCenter Converter Server 5

Hi,

We are looking at importing a bunch of Hyper-V VMs into our vSphere 5 environment.

I have successfully installed the XVP manager onto our vCenter server and can connect the third party host via my VI client. I can see the test VM running on there fine. I can run basic operations on the VM and the host fine.

My problem is that when I try to click the 'Import Third-Party VM' link I instantly get the following error message:

"Converter server is not registered to vCenter server https://<our-vc-address>/sdk"

I have googled this up and cannot find anything related.

I have installed the vCenter Converter Standalone Server (v5) on a separate box as it seems version 5 of vCenter installer doesn't include it like in previous versions. I thought it might be a case of connecting the Converter server to vCenter once using the client to 'register it' but it looks like I was wrong.

All relevant vCenter services (including webservices) are running fine. The XVP service is also running and seems to be working fine since I can connect to the HyperV host with no issues.

Has anyone encountered this error? or does anyone know how to 'register converter server to vcenter'?

Let me know if you require more info on the setup.

Thanks for your help.

VCPID: 40118 (VCP310, VCP4)
0 Kudos
0 Replies