VMware Cloud Community
ivanerben
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter 5.5 U2d memory usage (memleak?)

Hi,

since last week we experience that vpxd.exe is consuming lot of memory (actualy 58GB). Restart of vcenter service solved it for few days, but here it is again:

Dropbox - vpxd.png

Any similar experience? We are going to update it to 5.5u3a to see if it persist...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ivanerben
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Resolved by vcenter upgrade,,,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mikejroberts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had a similar experience that turned out to be a third party solution (EMC Networker VBA) that was logging in and out of vCenter multiple times a second.  You may need to open a support case to see if something like that is going on.

0 Kudos
ivanerben
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Resolved by vcenter upgrade,,,

0 Kudos
fcocquyt16
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We are seeing vpxd.exe grow to 54Gb in less than 12 hours - (vCenter 5.5 2183111) - was there a VMware doc / release note for Update3 documenting the issue and how its fixed in Update 3?

We are looking to upgrade to the latest 5.5 Update 3 to resolve this - especially if it is documented.

(I have an open VMware support case 16193809707 on this)

thanks!

0 Kudos
fcocquyt16
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found this reference:

VMware vCenter Server 5.5 Update 3 Release Notes

Refresh of tenant certificates and credentials might result in memory leak

During periodic refresh of the tenant certificates and credentials, the vmdird opens handles to the registry keyHKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\VMwareDirectoryService but these handles are never closed thereby resulting in a memory leak.

This issue is resolved in this release.

Will be recommending we apply latest 5.5 Update3 and report back

thanks

0 Kudos