VMware Cloud Community
CollinCo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter 5.5 Installation failing.

Hello Guys,

It's a brand new server with Windows 2008 R2 installed from scratch with all updates.  vCenter Single Sign-On, Web Client, and Inventory Service gets installed with no issues but during the installation of vCenter Server, it gives and error with the following message:

The wizard was interrupted before vmware vcenter could be completely installed. Refer to the log files vim-vci-msi.log.  I have also attached the log file it refers to.  I have already tried KB article 2013922 http://goo.gl/tTjBMQ but no change. I don't see anything obvious that could cause the installation to fail.  Thanks for your help.

2013-09-30_1420.png

21 Replies
bhwong7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

1.png

I have encountered the same error but it doesn't get resolved despite I have tried to use the local credentials or remove vCenter VM from the domain.

Error installing vSphere 5.5 "The wizard was interrupted before VMware vCenter Server could be compl...

And when I remove vCenter from the domain network, according to the above issue, there are two services (VMware vCenter Management Webservices and VMware vCenter Server service) that may require domain credentials rather than local credentials. So it become a chicken and egg issue too.

Anyone else encounter this error and manage to resolve it with other methods?

0 Kudos
bhwong7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

FYI, the upgrade is successful after I uninstall vCenter Inventory Service before I install the new version.

However, I select existing database instead of creating a new one. Thus, I concluded that the IS DB is not corrupted, but IS itself is corrupted.

For those who encounter this problem and using local admin account cannot get it thru, you may want to uninstall vCenter Inventory Service first before installing the updated version.

0 Kudos