VMware Cloud Community
settlersoman
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 5,1 SSL problem

I have replaced all self-signed certificate with custom one (using the SSL Automation Tool). Now all components have custom certificate. When I log in to the vCenter by vSphere Client (using FQDN) I don't receive any warnings at the beginning of the logon process but later sth like: the certificate received from <ip of vCenter> was issued for <FQDN of vcenter>. I found article about vSphere 5.0 and warnings with custom SSL certificate but it has not helped.  Any clue? When I use webclient etc no warnings. Certificates are ok.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful. blog: http://www.settlersoman.com twitter: settlersoman
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alim786
Expert
Expert

Can you be more specific on the error message you are getting (screenshot would help) and when you are getting it. Do you logon to vCenter using normal client and web client the same way ? For example, do you logon with IP address or FQDN ?

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos