VMware Cloud Community
chayden
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter 4 Performance charts unavail

When I access the Performance tab Overview I receive the following error

Perf Charts service experienced and internal error.

Message: Report application initialization is not completed successfully. Retry in 60 seconds.

If I select advance I can see the CPU/Real-Time

This is a new install of vShpere using full SQL2005SP2.

Seems like this was working once as I can remember seeing the charts before, but this is the third install and the first using SQL2005 other than express so I could be mistaken.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-CH

A

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not able to spend any more time fiddling with it I reinstalled vCenter using the existing database and odbc connector I had manually configured and presto it all works now.

Glad to see you got it resolved. Can you close this thread by marking it as answered?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

maybe this KB article will be useful?

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1012812

0 Kudos
chayden
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Verified the Tomcat settings are correct and they point to the vmware tc dll.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you please check if:

1. your DSN is configured with database server name in it (Do not use "." to represent localhost)

2. SQL server agent is running

3. SQL server browser service is running

If any of these things were not running or were not configured properly, please configure them and restart vmware web services. You will have to relogin to vCenter to see the changes

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Thanks

Sandeep

0 Kudos
chayden
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

DSN was set to server name 2 and 3 where configured previously to automatically start.

I've rechecked the DB schema to verify I process the schema scripts and jobs correctly and everything looks like it was updated.

I have the SQL server confgigured for local accounts yet have a esxadmin dbo user? Any issues with that? I presume not since the vcenter server is obviously connecting to the database.

-CH

0 Kudos
bluebull2rhyme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please check if the scripts are in place and look are they running daily

You can find this under SQL ->SQL Server Agent ->Jobs (Under this u will find 1,2,3).If the scrips are not in place add it and start the service

1.)Past Week stats rollupVirtualCenter - EXECUTE stats_rollup2_proc && exec purge_stat2_proc (these 2 are scripts)

This job is to roll up past week stats and should run every 2 hours

2.)Past Month stats rollupVirtualCenter - EXECUTE stats_rollup3_proc && exec purge_stat3_proc (these 2 are scripts)

This job is to roll up Past Month stats and should run every day

3.)Past Day stats rollupVirtualCenter - EXECUTE stats_rollup1_proc && exec purge_stat1_proc (these 2 are scripts)

This job is to roll up 5 min stats and should run every 30 mins

-

If you find this usefull,award me point either usefull or correct

If you find this useful,award me Helpful or Correct answer
0 Kudos
chayden
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I did check the job scripts and they looked fine. All the settings everywhere I looked where what I expected.

Not able to spend any more time fiddling with it I reinstalled vCenter using the existing database and odbc connector I had manually configured and presto it all works now.

Thanks everyone for helping out.

-CH

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Glad to see you got it resolved. Can you close this thread by marking it as answered?

0 Kudos