VMware Cloud Community
ChelanIT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter 4.0 converter re-install?

Quick question for all the gurus. Having no luck tracking down a solution in the KB so I call upon the masses. Smiley Happy

The vSphere converter that comes with the vCenter install has been uninstalled. Is there a way to re-install this built in vCenter converter without having to uninstall/reinstall the whole vCenter Server install? I thought this would be really cut and dry but I can't find any documentation supporting what seems like a simple reinstall.

I'm ready to be humbled! Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The vSphere converter that comes with the vCenter install has been uninstalled. Is there a way to re-install this built in vCenter converter without having to uninstall/reinstall the whole vCenter Server install? I thought this would be really cut and dry but I can't find any documentation supporting what seems like a simple reinstall.

It's in a plug-in. you shut down VI client, restart it. Click on plug-ins, it should be there.

If you uninstalled Converter from the vCenter server, it is on the CD or ZIP file, it's in the install folder, in the converter folder

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's in a plug-in. you shut down VI client, restart it. Click on plug-ins, it should be there.

If you uninstalled Converter from the vCenter server, it is on the CD or ZIP file, it's in the install folder, in the converter folder

0 Kudos