VMware Cloud Community
ltfields
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter 4.0 and Xendesktop not working

We tried an upgrade in our VDI Lab yesterday to vCenter 4.0, and it appears to break our Xendesktop farm with the error below:

-

The Citrix Desktop Delivery Pool Management service could not communicate with the hosting server for desktop group 'XP Desktop'. The hosting server address is 'http://vcenterbox.company.com/sdk'. The connection will be retried in 2 minutes.

Please make sure the hosting server is available and accessible by the delivery controller.

Error details:

Exception 'Url invalid' of type 'Citrix.PoolManagement.MachineManager.MachineManagementApi.HostingInfrastructureCommunicationsFailureException'

-

I'm not surprised it failed after the upgrade (which is why we took a snapshot of the vCenter VM before upgrading it), but I'm curious if anyone has found a workaround yet. I'll keep investigating on my end a bit and post here if I find anything.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander

Did you check if the SDK is installed and working correctly after the vCenter 4 installation?

Kind Regards,

Gerrit Lehr

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
ltfields
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, the SDK was working properly, and is still working properly after we reverted to the snapshot. I know in our XenDesktop DDC Server, we had to tell it to ignore any Certificate issues in order to get it talking to the VirtualCenter 2.5 box, and that setting wasn't changed as part of the vCenter upgrade.

0 Kudos
GeoHix
Contributor
Contributor

How do you verify that the SDK is installed and working properly. We have also upgraded to vSphere 40. However instead of upgrading our existing virtual center server we created a new one. I have pointed everything to the new one, but I cannot get it to work either.

0 Kudos