Yesterdag I've installed/upgrade our test vCenter 2.5u3 => vCenter 2.5u4. After installation the Performance Overview tab is visible but there is no new report plugin visible to download.
In the Performance Overview is only the following message " Chart could not be loaded"
I'm also not able to find the report plugin in the VI-cliënt.
I spoke with VMware tech support who suggested that I try removing my hosts and VM's from the inventory and then adding them back in. While this seemed to have resolved with issue with the "Chart could not be loaded" error, all historical data has been deleted and I only have the last 24 hours or data to trend with.
Jason D. Langdon
So far I have narrowed this issue down to possibly the fact that we use a non-standard port for our SQL install. We do not use port 1433 we use something else instead. I am not sure if the install assumes port 1433 is being used or not. Maybe it is.... It seems that all of the errors in the log point to the fact that the stat reporter cannot attach to the data source...
We have the standard port 1433 but still get that error. hopefully VMware will fix it and add the functionality to export the graphs to excel or at least save them for reporting.
I got the same problem until I installed the latest VI Client (from VC 2.5 U4).
Now everything works fine - not entirely sure whether the plug-in is worth the effort though...but that's another question...
I'm not sure if this is related or not but I just installed VMKTREE to monitor my servers and noticed that even here not all the graphs are displaying correctly.
Jason D. Langdon
I've tried everythings that has been suggested and the only thing I foud that seems to work is to remove the host server from VirtualCenter for a few minutes and then to add it back. While this appears to work, the downfall is that it erases all or your historical data.
Jason D. Langdon
I was testing this in my lab before installing in production. I had to change the IP address of my lab virtual center. Apparently we need another KB article to deal with how to fix the breaks that happen from that.
All of the current KB articles don't fix this when the IP changes. And the posts in the thread that mention the IP is stored in 3 places, appear to keep reappearing with the old IP address.
I've the same problem of some charts displaying and some not on various types of objects. I've looked at all the documented solutions, and even went as far as analysing the database to find out what keeps some charts from being generated. I keep coming back to removing things from vCenter and readd them, losing all carefully gathered data in the process. Is there really no other solution than dismantling pretty much my entire VI setup just to make this software resemble a state of working?
Maybe if the developer of this thing could shed some light on how it works or provide documentation on its design. Maybe we can devise our own proper fix if VMware won't.
I have the same problem as ftempel and others. Some hosts/guests display both realtime- and historical charts, and some hosts/guests only realtime. I then realized that hosts/guests installed prior to VC 2.5 u4 only shows real time graphs and hosts/guests installed after VC 2.5 u4 displays both realtime- and historical graphs. Another problem that i seem to be the only one having is that "DiskFree x" columnis never updated, and that the column "Delta Size" is null. Even tough tha machine has multiple snapshots. Theese columns can be seen if you select the virtual machine tab on a host or a cluster. It would be nice if some responsible VMWare developer could read this post and realize that there's work to be done about this plug-in.