VMware Cloud Community
rebelfalls
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vCSA is showing log bundles which were not created manually

My vCenter Server Appliance is showing two log bundles which were not created manually. 

I was checking logs when I found that "/storage/log" partition is fully utilized- 100%

I found that there are 2 log bundles created that are filling up the space. I know that these 2 bundles were not created manually but I cannot find  who/what created them.

This lab is running VxRail cluster running v4.7.410 so I checked on VxRail logs around the time and found no requests to create log bundle from VxRail plugin. 
I checked from VPXD logs for one of the log bundles. The operationID for that request doesn't show from where it was requested from. I initially thought that Diagnostic Manager was calling for the log bundles to be generated. So I went to review the settings for DiagManager from vCenter MOB but my vCenter plugins and extensions from vSphere UI don’t show any unusual registered plugins. 

When I checked on vCenter MOB and no Diagnostic Manager extension registered. From vRealize log insight found no configuration for automatic vCenter server log bundle collection. So I have no idea where these logs have come from. 

Is there any settings on the environment causing automatic generation of log bundles? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @rebelfalls ,

Are you using VMware Skyline for this environment ? I believe VMware Skyline has an option to generate logs

0 Kudos