VMware Cloud Community
TechSufferer
Contributor
Contributor

vCSA 7.0U3E won't complete the download - permissions error near the end

vCSA 7.0U3E won't fully download. It gets to about 8.3GB and then quits out with a permissions error.  I tried vCSA 7.0U3F and 7.0U3G and they download 100% fine. The problem just follows 7.0U3E and I've tried several computers, different Internet links and tried several browsers clearing cache/cookies etc.  Issue always follows 7.0U3E which I desperately need to recover from a failed update. Can anyone help out? I've been trying to download this for the last 6 hours and things are getting really grim now and vCSA is pretty crucial to operations. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
navina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just tried download and it works fine.
Can you try using some Download manager and try the download? 
Also try downloading from a personal laptop which does not have Group policies enforced.

Regards,
Navin A
0 Kudos
Minion13
Contributor
Contributor

If you have endpoint protection running on your system, check the logs.  I had similar frustrating problem until i discovered CarbonBlack was aborting the file creation locally.

0 Kudos
TechSufferer
Contributor
Contributor

It wasn't any endpoint protection. I tried on a bare-bones install of Windows 10 and Windows 11 and it was still doing this. Not to matter - I don't need this version any more as I reinstalled vCenter using the latest version. I had to recreate a fair bit of stuff but wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. I'll be mindful not to upgrade in future unless I have a downloaded copy of the current version I'm running, plus will do a snapshot of the VM beforehand. Once bitten, twice shy, as they say. Thanks for your feedback though.

0 Kudos