VMware Cloud Community
MattG
Expert
Expert

vCSA 5.5 OVA not setting FQDN and AD auth not enabled by default?

I downloaded the vCSA 5.5 OVA and deployed it a vSphere 5.5 hosts.  During the OVA wizard process I entered the FQDN for the appliance.  However,  when going into the appliance's network console it lists the hostname with the default local FQDN.   I was able to change it manually,  but I know this caused issues with certificates in the past?

Also,  I performed a "set custom configuration" vCSA wizard config.  I entered and validated the AD auth.  However,  when I login to the Web Client using administrator@vpshere.local  I do not see my AD domain as a usable identity source?  Should setting AD in the Admin console configure it as a usable identity source in the Web Client?

I was able to add the Identity source pointing to my AD via the Web Client and it works fine.  Just trying to understand the expected behavior.

Thanks,

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sanjeebkumar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Maat,

Could you please update the vCenter server support logs for the hostname issue you faced.

Regarding the AD identity source, yes that is expected behavior, you need to add the identity source manually through Webclient.

0 Kudos
Dipak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sanjeeb is right, you need to add the AD domain name under "SSO-->Configuration-->identity sources" after logging on to the Web-Client as administrator@vsphere.lcoal user.

0 Kudos