VMware Cloud Community
Bilal233
Contributor
Contributor

vCEnter Server 7 without DNS

Hi ,

Is it true VMware has obsoleted windows vCenter 7?

does any body have tried to deploy VCSA7 without FQDN or DNS Resolution ., if yes , the how did it bcoz i tried , its faild on 4% on Stage 2 .

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

Yes, support for a vCenter Windows is longer available from version 7.0

Removal of vCenter Server for Windows Support

VMware vSphere 7.0 Release Notes

You can deploy vCSA using FQDN or IP address

Required Information for Deploying a vCenter Server Appliance

0 Kudos
TinySword
Contributor
Contributor

You can decompress VMware-VCSA-all-xxx.iso and use the ova file in the vcsa folder to install. During the ova configuration process, you only need to fill in the ip address, mask, gateway and related passwords. After the configuration is complete, boot Then wait to enter the WEB interface IP: 5480 for configuration. At this time, FQDN, IP, DNS are set to the same value, and then the installation can be successful.

If you use GUI installation, FQDN, IP, DNS are set to the same value, the second stage of installation can proceed to 60% and very very very slow, and finally the service fails to start and the installation fails.

These are my previous attempts. I don't know if it is applicable to the new version now.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can use the IP to do the installation. On the step where it request the FQDN just put the IP and the installation/configuration will keep going without expecting resolution.

0 Kudos