VMware Cloud Community
smudger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vC 4.1 -> v5 Upgrade + Certs

Hi,

Our existing vC 4.1 SSL certificates are due to expire mid Jan 2012. We are also about to upgrade to vC v5, could someone comment on if the certs will be renewed during the vC upgrade process?

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CRad14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hmm, I don't think they will be renewed, because having the certs issued is a whole seperate matter from just installing vSphere/vCenter. However they might still work through that end-date.

It also depends on who the cert was originally issued by....

This link might help

http://www.wooditwork.com/2011/11/30/vsphere-5-certificates-1-installing-a-root-certificate-authorit...

Hope this helps.

Conrad www.vnoob.com | @vNoob | If I or anyone else is helpful to you make sure you mark their posts as such! 🙂
cprawitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did my upgrade two days ago. I did the cold transfer type. My certificates were renewed and show that they were issued on 12/10/2011.

joshp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have performed many vCenter 4 to 5 upgrades...SSL certs have not been replaced by the vCenter 5 installer. Note however that the certificates in my case were issued by a trusted certificate authority and were not the default VMware self-signed certs (though I can't see how that would make a difference).

VCP 3, 4 www.vstable.com
0 Kudos